I hate when people quote bible scriptures to put down same-sex marriage. I’ve spoken on this before, but it still grinds my gears. The Bible is full of so many laws and rules that people overlook. They pull passages that shows “evidence” that same-sex marriage was frowned upon. EVERYTHING was frowned upon in the Bible. Again, here are a few examples:
- Leviticus 19:28-“Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord.”
- Galatians 5:22- “Envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”
- 1 Corinthians 14:34-35-“Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.”
- Leviticus 10-11 states-And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcasses in abomination.
- Exodus 35:2-“For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a day of Sabbath rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it is to be put to death.”
- Deuteronomy 22:13-14,20-21-“If any man takes a wife, and goes in to her, and detests her, and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings a bad name on her, and says, ‘I took this woman, and when I came to her I found she was not a virgin,’ … and evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones”
- Leviticus 20:9-“Anyone who dishonors father or mother must be put to death. Such a person is guilty of a capital offense.”
- 1 Timothy 2:11-12-“A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.”
- Leviticus 19:28 -“Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord.”
- Deuteronomy 14:8-“And the pig, because it parts the hoof but does not chew the cud, is unclean for you. Their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch.”
- Numbers 6:5-“All the days of his vow of separation, no razor shall touch his head. Until the time is completed for which he separates himself to the Lord, he shall be holy. He shall let the locks of hair of his head grow long.”
The list is so long and unbelievable, so before you quote Leviticus 18:22
“Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin,” make sure you have your life together.